YouCliN Thesis Award
3 prizes per year for the best neuroscientific thesis
Guidelines for Application
- The YouCliN Thesis Awards highlight the best neuroscientific thesis, already submitted, and accepted or defended in 2020/21 at a Swiss university. The total prize fund will be CHF 2000 (1st prize 1000 and two runner-up prizes of 500 CHF each).
- Neuroscientific master (MSc) or doctoral thesis (Dr. med.) that were already handed in during 2020/21 by students of medicine/psychology or medical residents are eligible. PhD theses are not eligible.
- Candidates can directly apply by our website until 31.05.2021 (see “application” below).
- Applicants are requested to fill in the application online form and submit a CV, a digital copy of the thesis, a motivation letter in English (less than 300 words, describing why the thesis should win the award), and a recommendation letter by the thesis supervisor.
- The winners will be selected by a nominated jury (2 YouCliN members and 1 senior member) using the following criteria: novelty, scientific methodology, relevance, motivation, and diversity.
- The award nomination takes places during the during SFCNS Summer School (https://sfcns-summerschool-2021.congress-imk.ch). The winners will receive a free pass for the SFCNS Summer School, including a pass for the gala dinner with the opportunity to network with experienced research of the Swiss neuroscientific community.